The Himalaya have always fed the dreams and called to those who love wild places. Stretching from Pakistan through Northern India, Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan
The Himalaya offer an unparalleled wealth of landscapes and trekking opportunities.
Himalayan trekking and logistics are very different, so our panel of experts will be happy to discuss ideas and options, including the issues of food, tea houses and lodges versus camping, altitude, fitness, gear and permits, from their own extensive experience.
This workshop will mainly focus on the particular issues related to Himalayan trekking, although some coverage of other trekking locations outside of Europe will be included if time allows. A more focussed workshop for trekking outside Europe will be offered on Sunday 20th from 14.00-15.30.
Experienced trekkers intending to embark on a Himalayan trek.
Self-supported or on an organised trekking trip
By attending this workshop you will:
- Gain useful knowledge about how to plan, prepare and execute a Himalayan trek
- Know what to take, and what not to take
- Have the opportunity to discuss specific ideas with experts
- Have suitable ideas and recommendations for a first Himalayan trek
- Trekking pack list and additional considerations
- Cicerone catalogue
- Discount voucher for Cicerone
- Entry to the Cicerone ‘50 years of Adventures’ celebration event