Learn about travel photography from some of the leading exponents of the craft. Hosted by the team at Wanderlust magazine, organisers of the UK’s largest amateur travel photography competition, these two half-day seminars will give you the inspiration and skills to take your travel photos to the next level.
The sessions are suitable for both beginner and intermediate photographers, whether you use a compact camera or a top-of-the-range DSLR.
The two seminars offer a mixture of informative lectures and open panel discussion including audience questions. They are designed to work alongside each other, so you can attend a single session, or come to both for a more complete overview.
Saturday 25 January: Brush up on your photo skills
- What makes an award-winning photo? Examples from the Wanderlust Photo of the Year competition
- How to improve your composition, lighting and exposure
- Expert tips on shooting people & places
- Real-world insights from a working travel photographer
Sunday 26 January: Come home with great pictures
- How to find good subjects and tell a story in pictures
- How to take an award-winning photo
- Improving the odds – how to be in the right place at the right time
- Handy photographic kit worth taking with you
- Q&A with working travel photographers
So if you want to get the low-down from some of the best people in the business, come and join us! We anticipate the places to fill quickly, so make sure you book your place early to avoid disappointment.
Saturday 25 January 2014 2pm to 5pm
Sunday 26 January 2014 10am to 1pm
Please note, for the seminar starting at 10am, it is advised you arrive at 9:30am to ensure a prompt start time.
Travel Photography Advance price
Saturday / £55*
Sunday / £55*
Saturday & Sunday / £90 (special price for both days)*
On door price
Sunday / £65*
Combined Travel Photography and Travel Writing Seminars Tickets
Saturday / £90*
Sunday / £90*
Saturday & Sunday / £160 (special price for both days)*
* Please note the price for the Travel Photography seminars includes entry into The Adventure Travel Show on that day.